Skip to product information
The Ivory Head Copadichromis Mloto Cichlid is a species of freshwater fish that is native to Lake Malawi in East Africa. Here is an overview of this species:
- The Ivory Head Copadichromis Mloto Cichlid is also known as the Mloto Likoma, as it is found in the Mloto and Likoma Islands of Lake Malawi.
- This fish has a distinctive appearance, with a deep blue body and bright yellow fins. Males are larger and more colorful than females, with males growing up to 7 inches in length and females up to 5 inches.
- The Ivory Head Copadichromis Mloto Cichlid is an omnivore and will eat a variety of foods, including flakes, pellets, and live or frozen foods such as brine shrimp or bloodworms.
- They prefer a well-planted aquarium with a temperature range of 75-81°F and a pH range of 7.8-8.6. They also need good filtration and regular water changes to maintain good water quality.
- The Ivory Head Copadichromis Mloto Cichlid is a peaceful fish that can be kept in community tanks with other peaceful fish of similar size and temperament. However, they can be territorial during breeding, so it is best to keep only one male in a tank with multiple females.
- Breeding is relatively easy with this species, as they are maternal mouthbrooders and will carry their eggs and fry in their mouths for several weeks until they are ready to be released.
- Overall, the Ivory Head Copadichromis Mloto Cichlid is a beautiful and peaceful cichlid species that adds color and personality to any aquarium.